Welcome to GenX’s documentation!¶
GenX is a tool to refine x-ray, neutron reflectivity as well as surface x-ray diffraction data written in Python. The refinement is conducted with an optimization algorithm called differential evolution which is very robust. The refelctivity model in GenX is build using a graphical plugin but can be highly customized in a script.
The documentation is based on tutorials as well as more in depth description of the program. Below you can find the table of contents. It is recommended, for the beginner, to start with the tutorials.
I hope I will get help from users to update and correct the manuals and tutorials I add here. If you find some errors or something that is missing please let me know! If you miss a page please contact me and we can discuss if and where it should be added.
The documentation is not updated as frequently as the software so some variation in functionality might exist. Please report these via the issue tracker.
You just want to do simple reflectometry fits and don’t care to read a large documentation, just jump to Simple Reflectivity Model (XRR/NR), Neutron reflectivity video tutorials or load one of the example GenX models.
- Surface x-ray diffraction
- Other tutorials
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I add a 2Theta offset
- What about different scattering length databases?
- What happens if I fit the scattering length?
- Could you explain how the density is defined/works with an example?
- How do I transform from g/cm3 to formula unit/Å3 ?
- Error when simulating spin flip reflectivity
- Is it possible to automatically normalise the fitted function to the data?
- I want to use different instruments instances to fit data sets collected of different instruments
- Development documentation
- Data classes
- How to write a Data Loader
- Writing a FOM function
- How to package GenX
- A model for magnetic reflectivity
- GenX Python Package